Sunday, May 13, 2018

I'm Still Standing


It has been 17 years since the Mother's Day on which I attempted to take my own life. When I woke up in the hospital they even told me I succeeded. The doctor had given up and called my time of death before the universe spit me back out and the machines started beeping again. At the time I was angry to find myself still among the living. This hadn't been a cry for help, I really wanted to die because I could never have imagined the life I have now. Life is still a challenge and there are days where I wonder if its worth it. Then I am reminded that I have found a purpose in helping other male childhood sexual abuse survivors and that through The ManKind Project and ACA I have people in my life who love and support me. So I choose each day to live, to put one foot in front of the other, and make something of this life that refused to let me go 17 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Still Standing

It has been 17 years since the Mother's Day on which I attempted to take my own life. When I woke up in the hospital they even told m...